She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
So, I’ve decided to write about a very important person in my life: My best friend, Emily Perkins!!
Emily and I met in 11th grade in Miss Wilkinson’s English class. Emily was new, and she was in my class at the beginning of the year. But we never even started talking until near the end of the school year. Emily was VERY quiet, and at first I didn’t think she liked me because she NEVER talked to me. We started sitting together at lunch with mutual friends, and gradually started talking. And found out we had A LOT in common. (Concerts being the main staple of out friendship.) In April, I invited her to a concert . She rode the bus home with me, and we ate pizza up in my bedroom and ever since then, we’ve been pretty much Siamese twins.
Through the course of our 11 year friendship, we’ve had SOOO many beautiful memories. Here’s a few of the many millions:
- Getting lost at Creation in the dark trying to find our tent.
- Our MANY trips to the Grove City Outlet Mall just to walk around because we were bored.
- Our fun-filled day in Akron, OH on July 28th, 2008.
- Emily inviting me to her youth group at Fox Street Church of God, and finding life-long friends there….you know who you are!! :)
- Getting sprayed with a huge stream of water while filling up the jugs at Creation because we weren’t paying attention.
- Doing The Wobble with Family Force 5 at The Christmas Pageant Tour in OH.
- Our COUNTLESS road trips to concerts.
About a week ago, I found out that Emily will be moving to South Carolina in November. This will probably be pretty tough on me because of so much we’ve been through. But I know God has a purpose for her down there, and I wish her nothing best the best.
Emily and I have laughed together, cried together, and prayed together. No matter what happens, she will always be my best friend.